2014 irem vendor showcaseMar 07, 2014
BEST DEAL IN TOWN 2014 IREM VENDOR SHOWCASE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 26TH 11:30AM - 2:30 PM Double Tree Hotel, 1111 Jefferson Road Admission $10 Includes Vendors, Lunch, Raffles, Mini Seminars Click to read more...
congress to cap flood insurance hikes at 18%Mar 07, 2014
WASHINGTON - Rochester-area residents living in the town of Gates and elsewhere likely won't have to worry that they will lose their homes due to dramatic increases in flood insurance premiums. House lawmakers voted overwhelmingly Tuesday night to pass legislation capping the annual premium increases at 18 percent, and the Senate is expected to pass the same measure soon. Click to read more...
the forgotten history of the congressman who sacrificed his life to fight homelessness-think progress article-march 3, 2014Mar 06, 2014
Michael Stoops (right), now of the National Coalition for the Homeless, and others sleep out on a grate near the U.S. Capitol If the Obama administration succeeds in its goal of ending chronic homelessness in the United States, it can thank a group of activists who turned the course of history 27 years ago Monday, including a congressman who sacrificed his life for the cause. He and other supporters helped push through landmark legislation that addressed homelessness and was the only new social program enacted during the entire Reagan administration. Click to read more...
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- "Successful Relationships for Housing for Homeless Households and Social Services Clients"2014 Mar, 1309:29Education Offering:
"Successful Relationships for Housing for Homeless Households and Social Services Clients"
The Rapid Rehousing Partnership, a collaborative program of Coordinated Care Services, Inc., The Monroe County Department of Human Services, Alternatives for Battered Women, Spirtus Christi Prison Outreach, The Center for Youth Services and The Housing Council at Pathstone, is pleased to announce the availability of a new, free educational workshop for landlords and property managers, "Successful Relationships for Housing for Homeless Households and Social Services Clients". The first offering of this workshop is scheduled for:
Thursday March 13h
8:00 – 9:30 AM
The Housing Council at Pathstone
75 College Avenue, Eastman Room
As part of the community’s efforts to eliminate homelessness, a Rapid Rehousing approach is being used more and more to quickly move households from homelessness to stable permanent housing. The Rapid Rehousing Partnership Program provides the needed support for both the households moving into permanent housing and the landlords who are renting units for our clients. This new workshop offering is aimed at providing landlords and property managers with the information needed to have positive working relationships and experiences with the Department of Human Services, our Rapid Rehousing Program and their tenants.
Topics to be included in this workshop are:
Rapid Rehousing Supports for Landlords and Tenants
Renting to Temporary Assistance Clients
Direct Rent Payments
The Landlord Tenant Security Agreement and Improvements in Claims Process
Participation in the session is limited to 25 participants. Additional offering of this workshop will be scheduled on a regular basis. To register for the March 13th session, please complete the registration form and return via fax or e-mail to:
Fax: 585-328-5211Click for more details
Begins: 03/13/14 8:30am
Ends: 03/13/14 9:30am
Venue: The Housing Council Eastman Room
- FREE Home Energy Efficiency Seminar-PathStone-March 20142014 Mar, 1909:29PathStone Corporation will host Two (2) FREE upcoming Home Energy Efficiency Workshops on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 4:30PM and 6:30PM at 404 East Avenue, Rochester, New York 14607 (Accessible from Prince Street). PathStone’s Energy Services staff will discuss NYSERDA energy programs and available grants/incentives. Dinner will be provided and registration is required. For more information or to register, please call 585-442-2030 Ext. 214, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.pathstoneenergyinfo.org
Please bring a copy of your energy bill for application assistance.Click for more details
Begins: 03/19/14 4:30pm
Ends: 03/19/14 8:30pm
- Landlords: Don't miss out on our next Operating Rental Property Workshop!2014 Mar, 2209:29Sign up now! Space is limited. 585-546-3700.Click for more details
Begins: 03/22/14 10:00am
Ends: 03/22/14 5:00pm
- Operating Rental Property Workshop-THC-March 20142014 Mar, 2209:29The next Operating Rental Property Class is Saturday, March 22, 2014 from 10:00AM-5:00PM at Webster Recreation Center, 530 Webster Avenue, Rochester, New York 14609. The cost per person is $45.00 which includes handouts. Please call 585-546-3700 to register today! Spots are limited!Click for more details
Begins: 03/22/14 10:00am
Ends: 03/22/14 5:00pm
- 2014 IREM VENDOR SHOWCASE2014 Mar, 2609:29
Grants Rebate Programs NYRSERDA and RG&E
Buffalo Energy Carl Ceccanti
Plumbing and Heating
Ferguson Enterprises Gary Mule
On Line Payment Solutions
Pay Rent Chex Lou DiRenzo
Servpro SE Mike NecciClick for more details
Begins: 03/26/14 11:30am
Ends: 03/26/14 2:30pm
Venue: Double Tree
NY Regulators are looking out for our clients trying for a Loan Modification. Find out how in this NY Times article.
N.Y. Regulator Raises Questions on Mortgage Firm Nationstar
Benjamin M. Lawsky, New York State's superintendent of financial services, said his office had received "hundreds of complaints from New York consumers" about problems at Nationstar Mortgage Holdings related to mortgage modifications, improper fees and lost paperwork.
Press Conference with First Niagara, PathStone & City
First Niagara, PathStone Corporation and the City of Rochester announced today a new Business Development Initiative to make funding available to boost small business creation and expansion in the City of Rochester.
New micro-loan fund announced for Rochester businesses
City government, a regional bank and a non-profit announce economic development program.