What Can You Do if You Find Yourself Falling Behind in Your Mortgage Payments?
The goal of The Housing Council is to help homeowners avoid foreclosure.
If you already have an appointment or would like to make an appointment, download the Foreclosure Prevention Intake form and call our intake specialist at 546-3700 ext 3015.
Who we serve
We serve borrowers of owner-occupied 1-4 unit homes in NYS who are at risk of losing their homes to foreclosure. Our service is free and confidential to anyone. There are no income guidelines.
What we do
- We assess each client’s individual situation during a face to face or phone appointment.
- Gathering necessary information to determine what options will best suit each individual.
- We will handle all aspects of the loss mitigation process, acting as an advocate between the client and the lender/servicer. Your counselor will be able to answer your questions about loss mitigation options (workouts with lender/servicer) and the foreclosure process. We are determined to obtain the best resolution for our clients.
What to expect during your foreclosure prevention appointment
1. To get started you can call us at 585-546-3700 x3015 or toll free at 866-669-1688. The intake specialist will set up an appointment for you to meet with a Foreclosure Prevention Counselor. At that time, the intake specialist will send you a confirmation and a list of items you should bring to your appointment. Note. If you prefer a phone appointment, the paperwork would need to be sent to us before we can schedule an appointment. Foreclosure Prevention Application
2. During the appointment your counselor will discuss your situation with you including:
- What caused (is causing) your hardship
- We will help develop a budget to determine the best resolution (it will be helpful to know your monthly expenses before you meet with your counselor)
- We may make suggestions of ways to increase income/decrease expenses.
- We will explain the New York State Foreclosure Process and explain the varying workout options to stay in your home or transition out.
3. At the end of the appointment the counselor will give you a client action plan. This plan summarizes your situation, states the course of action, and provides some strategies for you.
4. After the 3rd party authorization is set up with lender/servicer, your counselor will contact your lender/servicer to discuss your situation and options. If applicable, you and your counselor will gather the necessary documents to submit to your lender/servicer. The counselor will assist in submitting the application; they will also follow up on the status of your application until a plan has been set up. Please keep in mind that the process of review can be long (60-90 days on average).
5. Your counselor will continue to keep you updated on the progress of your application. Your file will remain open with your counselor through the entire process. And they will be able to answer ANY questions you have during this process.
Facts about foreclosure
In New York State Foreclosure is a lengthy legal process. A lender can start foreclosure when a loan is 4 payments past due. Timeframe varies greatly from case to case. Typically the foreclosure process is at least 1 year. The lender/servicer is willing to work with borroers to avoid foreclosure at ANY TIME during this long legal process.
Facts about our agency
The Housing Council’s Foreclosure Prevention Department has been servicing our community for 20 years. In 2014, our department met with 800 at-risk homeowners. Statistics show that 94% were able to avoid foreclosure and still own their home or sold to someone else instead of being foreclosed on. In 2015, the Foreclosure Prevention Department has met with 645 households.
When accessing our services if you need assistance due to a language barrier, mobility impairments, visual or hearing impairments or other disabilities please let us know in advance so we can provide the necessary accommodations.