First ICON Honors winners announced
by: Rochester Business Journal Staff
The recipients of the first-ever Rochester Business Journal ICON Honors awards have been selected.
The honorees are business leaders over the age of 60 who have had notable success and demonstrate strong leadership both within and outside of their chosen field.
“Strong leadership, a commitment to mentoring and being an active community member are qualities shared by the ICON Honors recipients,” said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, publisher of the Rochester Business Journal. “They have moved business in Rochester forward, both their own businesses and the Rochester business community in general. ICON Honors recipients have committed many years to making our area a wonderful place to live and to work, and they truly deserve to be called icons. Rochester Business Journal is pleased to honor them.”
The ICON Honors awards will be presented Monday, Dec. 18, at a reception from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Genesee Valley Club, 421 East Avenue in Rochester. Winners will be profiled in a special publication that will be inserted into the Dec. 22 issue of the Rochester Business Journal and available online at www.rbj.net.
The 2017 Honorees are:
- Don Alhart, News Anchor and Associate News Director, WHAM-TV
- Kate Bennett, CEO, Rochester Museum & Science Center
- Thomas F. Bonadio, Managing Partner and CEO, The Bonadio Group
- Vincent Buzard, Appellate Counsel, Harris Beach PLLC
- Lauren Dixon, CEO, Dixon Schwabl
- Richard Dorschel, President, Dorschel Automotive Group
- Hilda Rosario Escher, President and CEO, Ibero-American Action League
- Garth Fagan Founder, Garth Fagan Dance
- Thomas Golisano, Founder, Paychex Inc.
- George W. Hamlin IV, Chairman, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
- Nelson Leenhouts, Chairman and CEO, Home Leasing LLC
- Giovanni LiDestri, CEO, LiDestri Foods
- Sandy Parker, Former CEO, Rochester Business Alliance
- Joel Seligman, President, University of Rochester
- I C Shah, Founder, ICS Telecom Inc.
- Albert Simone, President Emeritus, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Louise Slaughter, Congresswoman, New York’s 25th Congressional District
- Justin L. Vigdor, Of Counsel, Bond Schoeneck & King Attorneys
- Danny Wegman, Chairman, Wegmans Food Markets
- Fran Weisberg, President and CEO, United Way of Greater Rochester