I’m behind on my mortgage, what should I do?

It’s our job to help you stay in your home.

The Housing Council is a HUD-certified housing counseling agency serving all of Western New York. We will help you answer questions such as:

  • I received a letter in the mail from the bank- what should I do?
  • What is a Summons and Complaint?
  • What is a Loan Modification and how do I get one?
  • Should I send the bank another payment?
  • Why won’t the bank accept my payments?
  • How serious is the risk of losing my home?
  • I have been working with my bank for over a year and still haven’t come to a resolution, what do I need to do?

We are free, we are local, and we can help, as we met with over 1,100 households last year. The best thing you can do is to call us now to schedule a free appointment with one of our certified counselors at (585) 546-3700 x 3036.