List of agencies that provide Home Owner Repair Grants/Loans:
1. NEAD North East Area Development, Inc
- Emergency Assistance Repair Program (EARP)
- Offers up to $250 – $3500 depending on the nature of the repair
- Call (585) 482-7320 for more information
2. Group 14621
- Provides Home Owner repair grants to residents in the 14621 region
- Call (585) 266-4693 for more information
3. SWPC (South Wedge Planning Committee)
- Emergency assistance repair grants available to residents located in the South West portion of the city.
- Homeowners must have lived in the house for at least 3 years
- Homeowner did not receive a home repair grant from the city in the past 10 years.
- Call (585) 256-1740 for more information
4. Marketview Heights Association
- Owner Occupied Rehabilitation Program
- Assistance available for single-family owner occupied households located in the Marketview Heights section of the city.
- Eligibility is based on the household size and income
- Call (585) 423-1540 for more information
5. Accessibility grants
- CP Rochester, call (585) 334-6000 ext 1225
- Independent Living,, call (585) 442-6470
6. Monroe County Home Improvement Program
- Homeowners must live in the suburban towns and villages
- Contact the community development office for more information, (585) 753-2000
7. PathStone Weatherization Assistance Program
- Assists income-eligible families and individuals by reducing heating/cooling costs and improving the safety of homes or rented property
- Outside of Rochester City limits in Monroe County
- Homeowners at or below 60% of area median income.
- Call (585) 442-2030 for more information
8. Home Rochester
- Eligibility: First time buyers at or below 80% of the area median income
- Rehabilitation of dilapidated single family homes in the City of Rochester
- Call (585) 428-6888 for more information
9. City of Rochester
For more information about City Grants click here.
10. Community Development Corporation
Available Property Rehabilitation Services:
- Owner Representation
- Scope of Work Reports and Inspections
- Escrow of Project Funds
- Construction Management
- Project Warranty
Call (585) 254-8090 or click here for more information.
NeighborWorks® Home improvement loans
- Low interest rates
- Available throughout Greater Rochester
- Grants available for single-family homes
- Call (585) 325-4170 for more details
Monroe County Home Improvement Loans
- Grants and low interest loans
- Suburban Monroe County residents only
- Must have owned home at least one full year
- Call (585) 753-2000 for more information
Town of Greece
- Limited home repair grants
- Call (585) 723-2384 or (585) 723-2381 for details
Town of Irondequoit
- Limited home repair grants
- Call (585) 336-6021 for details
- Low interest loans for low-income families in rural areas. (5 counties)
- Call (585) 343-0442, Ext. 2200.
Action for a Better Community
- Weatherization and insulation grants
- Call (585) 442-4160.
If you have any questions call our Housing Hotline at 585-546-3700 (1PM to 4PM) or e-mail your question to us at firstname.lastname@example.org